Search Results for:
- Would you like to remodel your home?
- Has it been more than 5 years since you moved into your home?
- Has your lifestyle changed in any way?
- Have you added any children or other relatives (i.e. parents) to your home?
- Have any children moved out of the house?
- Do you have a special place in the home for you to do the things you like to do?
- Do you have a comfortable place to exercise?
- Would you like to have a guest room, home office, study, studio, library, home theater, media room or another room you don’t already have?
- Would you enjoy your home more if it had a different configuration of its space?
- Does the exterior of you home appeal to you?
- Is there anything you would like to do in your home that you can’t do now?
- Could your home be more conducive to having friends and family visit?
- Are the outdoor spaces adequate and/or enjoyable?
- Would you like to have a more modern and conveniently planned kitchen?
- Could your bathrooms or powder room use a facelift?
- Could you use better or more storage space?
- Could your unfinished basement be converted into more useable living space you could enjoy?
- Does your home need cosmetic or structural repair?
- Is your home as energy efficient as you would like it to be?
- Are your windows and exterior door efficient?
- Are there things about the way your home is designed that will cause you to have to move out of it before you will want to?
- If you had to sell your home today, would it compare favorably to other homes on the market?
- Do you like your neighborhood but not your house?
While a one-hundred-year-old farmhouse may be unique— and even inspiring— a one-
hundred-year-old kitchen is not. Winklemann Design & Construction aims to fuse much needed modern conveniences into historical structures without losing character or charm. Whenever possible, we approach each renovation with the goal of salvaging materials unique to the structure or home and replicating new materials with the same look as the original.
You may have even toured the grounds of one of our most ambitious renovations to date at the Conrad Botzmum Farmstead in Cuyahoga Valley National Park. This particular
renovation included both the surrounding landscape, farmhouse, and several barns. The farmhouse, originally built in 1906, was in such a state of disrepair that our company tore the house down to the studs and concrete block. Salvaging ninety percent of the original wood floors, uncovering a hidden staircase, and reusing one hundred percent of the concrete block foundation, we restored the house back to it its former glory.
The renovation process may seem more intimidating and involved than a typical home or office alteration, but at Winklemann Design & Construction, we walk you through a step-by-step process, eliminating stress and surprises.
Phase 1: Consultation
The first step to renovating your space involves an in-depth, free consultation with both
our architect and builder. We visit the grounds, evaluating the space itself and its future function.
We ask you a series of questions to survey your personal goals, desires, and everyday needs to assist in creating a well-rounded design for the structure. And we begin the early stages of financial planning, budget management, and construction schedules.
Phase 2: Design
Once we understand your concept and ideas for the space, we roll out a design that
together we will fine-tune based on your vision. We show you possible solutions for the spaces functionality and how to make the most of your budget.
Phase 3: Cost Evaluations
Evaluating potential costs based on the renovation’s design is the lengthiest phase of
the project. We work to gather an estimated cost for the materials and labor for the entire project— to which you give your final approval.
Phase 4: Logistics
Each project is unique. We work with you to create a time frame for the construction
process, showing you what will happen and when. Because each renovation offers its own challenges, we discuss potential obstacles, solutions, and how the latter will affect the overall process.
Phase 5: Construction
We manage each aspect of the renovation process, from hiring contractors to teaching
you how a new product works. We take care of the details so that you can relax and watch your come to life.
Our approach to design is personalized by each client’s desires and needs. We have done everything from replacing windows in a basement to historic renovations and new home construction. Each and every time we work hard to make sure that when the job is complete, our client’s expectations are not just met but exceeded.
A home is a refuge, a space to become recharged and restored. Building a space where your family and friends thrive may seem like a daunting task. Winklemann Design & Construction is here to partner with you through the step-by-step process of pre-planning, design, and construction management. We are here to ease your stress, thinking through each detail and laying a strong foundation for the home you’ve always wanted.
What you have in mind for your home may not always be the answer that yields the
greatest value and ease. Winklemann Design & Construction is strongly connected to a network of highly skilled professionals who can be trusted to build a home that will stand for generations to come. We just don’t build, we design. What makes us unique is the opportunity to partner with a licensed architect, an expert by your side, who can map out a space that is both inspiring and functional.
Whether you have a clear vision for the interior details of your home or if you need help
zeroing in on your options, we can help. We will assist you in choosing and purchasing flooring, lighting, moldings, accessories, storage solutions, interior decorating, and landscaping.
All that we ask you to do is dream and imagine.